Monday 20 February 2012

A Little February Sunshine

When I took down the wreath of jingle bells from my living room door after Christmas, I decided to leave up the hook in an effort to encourage myself to make my own 'all year round' wreath.
It worked! Hurrah!
A few weeks ago I spotted this gorgeous peg wreath on the Hambly blog and pinned it to my 'things I want to make' board on Pinterest - a step towards my wreath.  Then last weekend I found a pack of fifty wooden pegs in the pound shop - further encouragement. All I needed was the final push to help me decide on a colour scheme and then I stumbled across this post on Julie's blog and I was away!


It was really easy to make and didn't take long at all. The pegs are covered with strips of paper from my scraps folder and all the other bits (ribbon to hang it, circle cut from chipboard and the little wooden heart) I already had so all it cost me was a pound!



I've hung it on my living room door and it's brightening up my hall already. Hope your day is bright!


12 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Hi Donna, thanks for joining in and sharing the link to me.

Your wreath is lovely! [And it also made me smile as it was inspired by a project from one of my best friends, Kirsty Neale!]

I've pinned oyur post to the series board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/a-month-of-sunrays/

Thanks again.

Julie :-)

Alison said...

Love this Donna....have pinned it as inspiration in the hope I'll get around to making one!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous-would brighten up the dreariest day!

Dan said...

This is lovely - very folk arty! :)

Paper Cadillac said...

What a lovely colour scheme, somehow warm and clean and bright all at once. Lovely for all seasons but just perfect for spring! xx

Claire said...

That's very pretty.
C xx

danemi1 said...

Oh that is lovely - I feel inspired - mmm toddles off pondering - could I make that????

salamanda said...

Beautiful sunshine wreath

Ali said...

so so cool, I have to do one now :)

Amanda said...

That's really lovely so bright and sunny and so thrifty too :)

Gail said...

Love this idea.
Great blog.

Karen said...

This is stunning, I just love it!