Tuesday 22 March 2011

Amazing Day

When the Blogging For Scrapbookers prompt for day two said to think of one of the most amazing days of your life, how could I not think of my wedding day?
I never wanted a big 'do'. I'm not the kind of girl who wants to be princess for a day or even the centre of attention for a few hours, I just wanted to be married. In fact, if I could have just gone to sleep single and woken up the next day married, that would have suited me fine. I just didn't want all the fuss and if I'm honest I didn't want to waste thousands of pounds putting on a party for long lost relatives who I hadn't seen for decades and who I probably wouldn't see again until someone in the family died!
In the end we compromised. We went to Sri Lanka and got married there, then flew on to the Maldives for our honeymoon. We had the most amazing time, our wedding was more perfect and beautiful than I could have imagined and our honeymoon was blissful. Our compromise was to hold a 'hat party' (so Mums and aunties still got to wear their hats), when we returned, which also turned out to be a wonderful day.
The layout above isn't a new one. I did it as a class on a retreat a few years ago but I can't remember whose class it was. It is however, one of my favourite photos - for more reasons than one.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Looking forward to seeing how your blog grows.

Jen said...

Lovely LO - and delightful story. Have lots of fun with your blog.

Sian said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday - I'm looking forward to blogging along with you on BFS

sharyncarlson said...

What a lovely layout!! I'm a fellow classmate in Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class. Looking forward to your posts!

Jimjams said...

Gorgeous page - and lovely to find out a bit more about the whys and wherefores. I like the idea of a "hat" party for all the ladies too!

Anonymous said...

I love the story you share here and am intrigued by the "hat" party idea. Sounds like great fun!