Monday 13 February 2012

More Catching Up

Half term means a little extra time so here I am catching up again. I've had sooo much fun making these cards! I've used stash that I'd forgotten about, techniques I haven't used for years and colours that take me out of my comfort zone. All this fun and a stash of cards ready for when I need them - brilliant!

Week 4 was based on a sketch and I liked it so much I made two versions:



 
Week 5  prompt was to use any kind of aperture. I made a very clean and simple one for this with circles 'floating' in the square apertures.



 
Week 6  prompt was Hot pink, butterfly and paper. Hot pink is not in my usual repertoire but I did find some leftover paper from a kit swap from a few years back (I think it was Rusty Pickle?). Butterflies I love so no problem there.......



Week 7  A colour prompt this week: cool pastels. As it's Valentine's day tomorrow I chose to make this one for my dh. I think he'll like it.


 
I'm loving card making right now and being inspired by all the other cards people are making. 


 


3 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Hi Donna - thanks for your comments on my blog. Nat's challenge is great isn't it - I have just been looking at all the lovely cards you have made so far for it.

Oh yes do get on and have a play with your Promarkers. They took me a little bit of getting use to as prior to that I was using watercolour pencils. But I am loving the Promarkers now. A word of warning though - their use is quite addictive - you will soon what them in every colour LOL!!!

Alison said...

Lovely cards Donna..you HAVE been busy!
Alison xx

Karen said...

Really gorgeous cards Donna, they are all really beautiful :)