Saturday 25 February 2012

More Yellowy Goodness

Ha! Can't get away from yellow now that I've started.
With the longer hours of daylight that we're getting (hurrah!), my chickens have started to lay again. So I have once again been pondering the ways to use up more eggs and that of course means a return to one of my faves: homemade lemon curd.
Really quick and easy (I make it in the microwave) so within a very short time I'd gone from this:
To this:

It's so easy to make and tastes delicious! You just melt the butter with the lemon juice and zest and then heat with the sugar for a little longer (don't let it get too hot or the eggs will start to cook when you add them). Next beat in all the eggs and then heat slowly, a minute at a time, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Pour into sterilised jars and you're done.
One warning though - it won't last long. Well it doesn't in my house at any rate!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! I had no idea Lemon Curd was so easy to make...looks delish!
Alison xx

Glen said...

Ooo...I LOVE Lemon Curd and I made lots last Easter. You have inspired me to make some more. TFS. ~Glen~